Description: Operates commercial truck (Class A)
Stevens Transportation Inc.
Job Title: Truck Driver
Reports To: Dispatch Supervisor
Operates commercial truck (Class A)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Transports various commodities to and from different locations, as directed, with a commercial truck and trailer(s).
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Cleans and maintains assigned equipment in an acceptable condition.
- Inspects equipment for defects before and after each trip and submits reports indicating that condition.
- Completes all applicable paperwork properly and completely including freight bills, fuel slips, driver logs, and DVIR’s.
- Complies with all applicable State and Federal Regulations regarding the operation of commercial vehicles and regulations governing rest, break and meal periods.
- Available to work all days and shifts.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Current California class “A” license, initially must provide a current DMV printout (less than thirty days old) with less than 3 points, must have one year driving experience to meet current insurance requirements and be able to pass the Company road test, must be over 25 years of age.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.